Solartube Daylighting Systems
SolaTube daylighting is a beautifully engineered system where sunlight and any available ambient light, is captured on the rooftop and redirected down a highly reflective tube into rooms or areas in need of light. Certified to comply with the BCA 5 and 6 star energy rating requirements, the systems easily fit between rafters and installs without any structural modification requirements. From the ceiling, the diffuser spreads the light evenly throughout a room.
Albany Skylights are the dealer for Commercial applications of SolaTube in The Great Southern of Western Australia, and can advise on many different SolaTube daylighting applications and can install the most suitable ones quickly and cost effectively.
The Benefits of SolaTube Daylighting
- It provides exceptional lighting. The light output is incredible, providing as much light as you would expect from a skylight many times its size.
- It is cost-effective. Tubular Daylighting Devices cost considerably less than other daylighting options, such as windows and skylights, including both product and installation costs.
- Installing it is fast, clean and easy. They require no structural reframing, drywalling or painting. A professional can install the product in less than two hours.
- It can go almost anywhere. The compact and flexible design of TDDs allow them to be installed in just about any room, including rooms without direct roof access and smaller spaces where daylighting would usually not be an option.
- It is “Green.” TDDs allow you to switch off electric lights during the day, which provides savings on energy bills and also reduces environmental pollution.
- It is actually good for you. It has been shown in several prominent studies that increasing daily exposure to natural light can enhance human performance and wellness by improving mental and physical well-being and boosting concentration and energy levels particulary in the work place, in education and in aged and retirement enviroments.
Solatube® 160 DS
- Light Output from Solatube 160 DS
- 14-19 m2 Light Coverage Area
- 250 mm Tube Size (diameter)
- 1032 cm2 EDCS*
- 6 m+ Potential Length
Solatube® 290 DS
- Light Output Solatube 290 DS
- 23-28 m2 Light Coverage Area
- 350 mm Tube Size (diameter)
- 1871 cm2 EDCS*
- 9 m+ Potential Length